- Introduction to the Bible - FREE
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Spirituality
- History and Thought
- Interdisciplinary Courses
- Global Studies Courses
- Communication & Languages Courses
- Leadership Courses
- Social Sciences Courses
- Theology Courses
- Canadian Church of God Ministries Distinctives Courses
- General Studies
- Enrolment & Fees
- Student Resources
Official transcripts from other post-secondary institutions will be evaluated for potential transfer credit to RMC on a course by course basis.
For a list of courses that have been pre-approved for transfer from other Alberta colleges and universities into RMC programs, check the below link:
General Transfer Credit Criteria
- Courses completed at recognized degree-granting institutions such as public universities, university colleges, community colleges or Bible Colleges accredited with the Association for Biblical Higher Education are acceptable for transfer credit into RMC programs to a maximum of 75 credits.
- Courses must present grades of 'C' or better.
- Courses must satisfy requirements of the RMC program chosen.
- At least 9 credits of biblical/theological studies must be completed at RMC:3 credits in Biblical Studies, 3 credits in Christian Spirituality and 3 credits in Theology.
- A minimum of 6 credits at the 300/400 level in the professional studies courses for the Human Services programs must be completed at RMC. The Senior Research Project in the HSABS program must be completed at RMC.
- Transfer credit grades are not considered when calculating the RMC grade point average.
- RMC cannot guarantee other institutions will accept credits which it has accepted on transfer.
Additional Transfer Credit Criteria
- RMC has a formal transfer agreement with Canadian Lutheran Bible Institute.Students who complete certificate programs may be awarded a full year of transfer credit; diploma programs may transfer 42-48 credits, depending on the RMC program chosen.
- Unaccredited institutions that do not meet the ABHE policy on awarding transfer credit will be awarded no more than 70% of course work; grades must be C+ or better; and a minimum of 45 credits or ½ of the program must be completed at RMC.
- Limited transfer credit has been awarded for course work completed at Covenant Bible College, Peace River Bible Institute, Victory Bible College, Capernway and Youth with a Mission. For more information, contact the Registrar.
Transfer credit may be awarded towards program or elective courses to a maximum of 6 credits for higher level subjects only presenting grades of 5 or higher.
Transfer credit may be awarded towards program or elective courses to a maximum of 6 credits for courses presenting grades of 4 or higher.
Field Education or Practicums
Field Education labs are closely evaluated by the Field Education Department to determine if they are transferable.
Practicum transfers may be permitted subject to agreement by Program Coordinators conditional upon:
- Review of paperwork indicating appropriate outcomes and evaluations
- Appropriate level of student’s program
- Qualifications of supervisor
- Nature of the evaluation
Mature students who are 21 years of age or older, at the beginning of a semester, who have been out of high school for two years and without high school graduation, may be admitted on academic probation. The total number of students in this category cannot exceed 5% of the student body.
Students who are enrolled in a program at another recognized post-secondary institution and who present a letter of permission may be eligible for the courses specified in the letter upon approval of the VP Academic and availability of space in the course.
Students who apply to register in one or more courses in a semester and present the necessary prerequisites on an official transcript may be admitted as unclassified students if there is availability of space in the course.
Students who have been absent from RMC for more than one academic year and less than two years, must complete a Returning Student Application Form. Students absent more than two years must re-apply for admission and meet current catalogue program requirements.